Good cheese requires a better companion. If you have ever been to chipotle then probably you cannot imagine any of its dishes without the cheese. Cheese combines greatly with any kind of food that may be dessert or savory. Chipotle is popular for serving great dishes incorporated with cheese. So, sometimes the question arises What Cheese does Chipotle Use?
Chipotle – a Mexican Grill is a restaurant company that has been since 1993. Steve Ells, a founder of Chipotle, inspired, after discovering knowledge regarding the food production system in America. He started developing an interest in serving foods that were naturally produced. It is popular for serving great fast food dishes. You can have your delicious and tempting burritos, bowls, tacos, quesadillas, salads, and many more mouth-watering dishes here. And you cannot imagine these delicacies without a topping off with cheese. Cheese is an essential and primary ingredient to impart great taste, flavor, and beauty to it’s every dish.
In this context, you will get to know what cheese does chipotle use in preparing your favorite delicacies and the reason behind it. What is this cheese made up of? How is this cheese prepared? And, also some of the health benefits of this cheese. If you are fond of cheese then this interesting piece of information will definitely add to your knowledge.
What Cheese does Chipotle Use?
Chipotle uses Monterey Jack cheese, which is made up of enzymes, salt, starter cheese culture, and pasteurized milk in United States. At Chipotle’s Canadian restaurants, the cheese used involves a mixture of White Cheddar Cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
The Origin Of Chipotle’s Monterey Jack Cheese
After understanding what cheese does chipotle use, we are going to understand the origin of this cheese. Monterey Jack’s origin has been a topic of debate over the years. Most of them believe that this cheese originated from Mexico, while others hold a contrary view. Monterey Jack cheese has no connection with Mexico. It is a semi-hard American cheese.
Monterey Jack cheese originates from the central California coast. It is popular for its mild sweetness and flavor, produced through cow’s milk. You can enjoy the flavor of Monterey Jack cheese alone or you can also combine it with Colby or Cheddar cheese.
What cheese does chipotle use and why?
Chipotle uses Monterey Jack cheese as it delivers extraordinary roles and qualities to satisfy the cravings. Some of them are listed below:
Chipotle’s Monterey Jack Culinary Use – Chipotle Monterey Jack cheese has several extraordinary qualities which makes it amazing to blend with other dishes providing you with the ecstatic taste and flavor. You can also have it as a snack.
Integrates well with other dishes –
One culinary advantage Monterey Jack cheese has is that it blends well with several other dishes. These involve mashed potatoes, macaroni, shepherd’s pie, casseroles, and cheese.
Monterey Jack cheese roasted on wheat bread provides a wonderful taste and flavor. You can blend this with chopped tomatoes and cucumber. Make sure that they are properly sliced for better toasting.
Monterey Jack can also be blended with omelets, fondues, pizzas, topping soups, folded into biscuits, toasted sandwiches, and baked pasta dishes. It will enhance the taste and flavor of each meal and strengthen more richness.
Monterey Jack’s addition to melted sauce and soups delivers a mind-blowing flavor and taste. When mixed with classic grilled cheeses, it provides your food with an ecstatic taste and flavor.
It can be used as snacks – If you’re in search of a healthy snack, Monterey Jack is an amazing choice. Monterey jack cheese is cultivated using pasteurized milk, which has a large ge amount of proteins and calcium to provide definite nutrients to your body. Calcium is excellent for maintaining healthy bones, while protein enables bodybuilding.
It can serve as a substitute for Parmesan and Cheddar – Monterey Jack cheese can serve as a substitute for Cheddar and even Parmesan cheese. Its mild flavor enhances the taste of your food.
What is Chipotle’s Monterey Jack Cheese made up of?
Monterey Jack cheese is made up of Pasteurized Milk, Starter Cheese Culture, Salt, and Enzymes.
How to make Chipotle’s Monterey Jack Cheese?
You can make Chipotle’s cheese by the following procedure:
- Warm the milk by pouring it into the store kept to 32 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix thoroughly by adding starter culture.
3. Leave the milk to rest for about 45 minutes.
4. Into diluted Rennet, add 15 grams of salt.
5. Then pour this salty Rennet into the milk and mix it for one minute.
6. Leave the milk to set for 1 hour (till the curd sets with clean break).
7. Let the curd rest for about 5 minutes after cutting the curd into 1 cm cubes.
8. Warm it to 38 degrees Celsius over 30 minutes (without increasing temperature more than 1 degree every 5 minutes).
9. To prevent matting curds together, stir continually.
10. Once the temperature reached 38 degrees Celsius, maintain this temperature for the next 30 minutes and stir it often to prevent matting.
11. Leave the curd for about 5 minutes and pour off whey.
12. To set, leave curds for 30 minutes again stirring every 5 for preventing matting.
13. In a cheesecloth-lined colander, pour the curds to drain the remaining whey.
14. Add 15 grams of salt and herbs and you can mix it by hand.
15. In theIn mold, pour the curd and press at 5 kg for 20 minutes.
16. Remove, twist it,d press at 10 kg for 20 minutes.
17. Remove, switch and redress and press at 15 kg for 12 hours.
18. Remove this cheese and wash it with brine.
19. You can air dry this at room temperature for 3 days on the cheese mats.
20. Wax or vacuum seal when the cheese is dry to the touch and rind has turned dark yellow.
Health Benefits of Monterey Jack Cheese
In addition to providing amazing taste and flavor, Monterey Jack cheese contains a considerably huge amount of nutrients that that is required for our body.
- Some of these nutrients include vitamin A, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B12, and riboflavin. Vitamin A lowers the k of acne, enables a healthy immune system, nurtures e s, bones, and promotes healthy growth. Zinc boosts the metabolism and immune system to function properly. It is also important for wound healing, comprising one’s sense of smell and taste.
- Monterey Jack cheese provides the body with high-quality protein when consumed. According to research protein reduces blood pressure; increases muscle mass, and decreases appetite. It also helps in weight loss and important for bodybuilding.
- The type of milk which is used in creating Monterey Jack cheese doesn’t alter its nutrient content. It comes packed with the nutrients naturally, with high doses of calcium.
So while consuming Monterey Jack cheese, you are not just consuming an ordinary cheese but also consuming the snack that is rich with the right amount of nutrients required to replenish the growth of your body.
Other Chipotle’s Cheese
Other than Monterey Jack cheese Chipotle also uses White Cheddar cheese. This cheese originates from England, in a tiny village called Cheddar. Today, this universal and delicious cheese is produced in different parts of the world. It is available in two colors such as yellow and white.
A great combination of Cheddar cheese and fruits like watermelon, apple, and pears makes it tasty. You can also blend cheddar cheese with shepherd’s pie, nachos, mashed potatoes, soups, dip, and sauces.
Cheddar cheese is rich in vitamin K. Vitamin K enables you to maintain healthy bones and heart. It also helps to prevent calcium from being deposited in the veins and arteries walls.
Cheddar cheese is rich in a high h amount of protein and calcium. One ounce of Cheddar contains one gram of carbohydrate and 6.5 grams of protein, and calcium.
Cheddar cheese is also packed with nutrients such as zinc, phosphorus, vitamin A, and Vitamin B12.
So, it is clear from the above regarding what cheese does Chipotle use. Chipotle – Mexican Grill uses two types of cheese namely Monterey Jack cheese and white Cheddar cheese. They are well known for delivering high quality and delicious foods, including your famous burritos and tacos. Also, it would be great if you can include these in your diet as it is known for providing a high amount of nutrients required to maintain your body fit and fine.